Thứ Bảy, 12 tháng 1, 2013

Sell Beats Online - Exclusive vs Leasing Rights

Before you can start making money you need to understand the different ways to sell your beats.
You can either sell exclusive rights to your beat or leasing rights.
Exclusive rights means you are transferring them full ownership of the beat. They own the copyrights and may do what they please with the beat because it is now theirs. You may not reuse or resale the beat without written consent.
There are advantages and disadvantages to selling exclusive rights to the beat. One main advantage is you can charge a significant larger amount for exclusive rights. Prices vary drastically from producer to producer. When I first started out online I would charge $250 for exclusive rights to my beats. I realize now that was a mistake.
A big disadvantage is that you will never get to use the beat again. If Jay-z wanted to use that particular beat you wouldn't be able to sell it to him. On the other hand if the person who bought the rights chooses to resell it to a different artist at a higher price they may do so.
Now I won't sell exclusive rights for under $2,500. I really don't like selling exclusives unless it is to major artist.
Leasing is selling limited rights to your beats. The rights are whatever you specify in the contract. I generally give them rights to use the beat, but I still own the beat and can resell it as many times as I wish. The biggest advantage is the resell aspect. Instead of making $2,500 one time on 1 beat, I'd rather lease it 100 times for $40.
As you can see there is a lot of money to be made selling leasing rights to your music. If you are going to sell beats online I suggest using this type of contractual agreement because you will make more money in the long run.
http://www.liveoffbeats.com
http://www.drum-samples.net

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét