Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 1, 2013

Getting Started In The Music Production Industry - Tips On Top Music Software and More

It doesn't matter if you are musically challenged, have no musical background or just don't know where to start. I will cover everything you need to know about about getting started in the music production industry. I constantly see questions like "Anyone Know Where I Can Make Beats Online Or On MY Own Personal Computer?". So I have decided to help you all out. Here are the 5 key elements to getting started with making beats on your PC.
1. Picking Your Genre
This will probably be quite obvious to yourself already. Do you want to produce Hip Hip, Rap, Dubstep, Electro House, Classical, Jazz or Trance? These are only a few of the musical styles that are out there, but with the information I am providing you, you will be able to interpret the information and software I have reviewed so that it will work for your genre. Music making software and music theory are the basis for all music production no matter what genre you want to work with. I myself produce Dubstep, but all of the music programs that are available today will allow you to produce any genre you like because they are all very versatile.
2. Music Production (Beat Making Software)
Now that you have decided on what genre you will be producing tracks in, it's time to start looking for some appropriate software. Now this is where you don't want to make a mistake. The most popular software as it stands today is Dubturbo 2.0, Sonic Producer, Reason 5, FL Studio 10, Cubase 6 and Logic Studio. All of these programs are very similar and have much of the same features so when deciding on a beat maker keep that in mind and don't be fooled into thinking that you are paying for extra features when there is a similar package for half the price or less.
Now it is always a hard choice when choosing the software that will be right for you, especially when you have just come from "How can I make Dubstep?" or "How can I make my own Hip Hop and Rap Beats?" It's all very confusing at first and that is why I am writing this article. I have tested most of the beat production software and I can tell you now that when it comes to value for money you cannot go past Sonic Producer and Dubturbo 2.0. These programs are feature rich and allow you to make a beat in half the time the others do. Don't waste the money and test all of them like I did, it's really not worth it. I know what's it's like, I was once in your position too.
Again the KEY thing to look out for when look online for beat making software is DON'T BE FOOLED BY PRICE. Almost all of the paid software contains the same features but they just go about laying it out in a different way in their interface. Don't think you aren't going to get enough features in a cheap music production package, because it is more than likely that you will get what you need! The biggest mistakes most people make are buying overpriced software packages that are too complicated and don't deliver much more than their more affordable competitors.
If you are getting started in music production you aren't going to go and rent a building and turn it into your own studio are you? No, because of the simple fact that there is no need to do that. I see a lot of big club bangers coming from bedroom producers, and this is because of the way the music production software world has evolved. So much more is now possible with software, and hardware is becoming slowly obsolete. Hardware will never be completely abolished because there are a lot of producers that like the old-school way of doing things but it is happening, software is taking over. This is because everything hardware can do, software can do just as efficiently and at a fraction of the price.
3. Music Theory
Once you have chosen a beat making system for producing you music, I suggest you brush up on your music theory. This is NOT necessary but I highly recommend it as it will make your life much easier by reducing confusion. Music Theory will assist you with the application of the ideas in your head. Once you have a bit of musical knowledge you will find that you are able to get your little melody ideas straight down into your home studio application.
Piano courses are a great way to increase your musical theory knowledge. The saying "If you can play the piano, you play anything." loosely applies to music production as well due to the fact that the reason behind that saying is that piano teaches in-depth musical theory knowledge that can be easily translated onto many other instruments and platforms.
4. Marketing your music
This may be an optional step for you as you may not want to turn this hobby into a full time profession like I do. Marketing my own music was a real struggle for me. I searched around the internet for months trying to find good information about how I could sell my music and start to monetize my passion. Finally I found a guide that took me to the success state that I am at today, making a living from my music.
The Music Marketing Manifesto series allowed me to monetize my music in ways that I had never even thought of. Things to look for in a paid guide like this are videos, informative written guides and helpful diagrams. You will want to pick up a guide that is backed by music industry professionals so you know that they have also taken their beats from their beat maker and into the market place successfully. The best way to go about music marketing is finding a marketplace that will be right for you.
You have sites like Beatport which will be hard for an independent artist to get on in the first place but then you also have sites such as Bandcamp and Juno that are completely open to independents. So I would suggest signing up for those two sites and seeing what they have to offer because I mean you can never go wrong with a free service right?
Talking about free services, if you aren't already uploading your finished tracks to Soundcloud and Youtube, GET ONTO IT! This places are prime for web presence in the music world and trust me you will get exposure from both of them. Another thing to consider, that links in with Soundcloud and YouTube is to be active on forums that are specific to your genre and music production. This way you will be able to show other like minded users your music and you will already be TARGETING a specific audience that will more than likely take a liking to your tunes..
5. Perseverance
This is the key ingredient to success in everything. If you persevere with Music Production, you will make it! There is no doubt in my mind that I could guide someone with no musical ability to self-train themselves into becoming a top notch producer, if they wanted it bad enough.
I hope this information was helpful and good luck getting started in my world!
If you are interested in software reviews, courses and free information please feel free check out my website. http://www.producingdubstep.com


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét