Chủ Nhật, 6 tháng 1, 2013

What You Need to Know About Music Beat Making

Let me start off by saying that I have been involved in the music industry for over 30 years now. I remember classics such as the Roland TR-808 and TR-909. I remember the Linn LM-1. I remember it all. And it's funny how we used to think that this stuff actually sounded good. Well, I guess back then it did. Today, technology has taken us farther than we could have ever imagined back in 1980. However, technology doesn't solve all our problems when it comes to beat making. There are a few things you need to do and NOT do unless you want your beats to end up in the recycle bin. These few tips should help.
At the top of my tip list is layering. You can't possibly imagine how much better your beats will sound simply by layering one sound on top of another. What this does, essentially, is it thickens the sound and thus brings it more to the forefront. Single layer beats simply sound thin and dull. By layering, you really bring the sound out while adding more textures to it. Contrasting sounds, when layered, can produce some really interesting results.
Next tip is mixing. It is absolutely critical that you listen to your mix one instrument at a time to make sure that nothing gets lost in the soup. The problem with mixing any type of beat is that as you begin to add sounds (high hat, crash, toms, etc.) things start to get buried. So you want to mix the instruments so that they don't. The easiest way to do this is through panning. Simply have each instrument on a different pan. For example, you might have the kick drum dead center, high hat far left, crash far right, and so on. This way, it's harder for different parts of your beat to get buried.
Finally, and this may be the most important thing of all, there is the quality of your equipment. Like I said up top...I can't believe we used to think that old stuff sounded good. It didn't. Sure, there are some musical applications where a dirty sound will work, but you're still going to have to know how to get it and what to do with it. So the equipment you use is CRITICAL to getting the sound you want.
In my signature you'll find a review of a great beat making software that I am sure you'll find quite interesting to read. Plus, you'll get to hear one of my more recent tunes that I put together. It's just one of the over 700 I've written in my 30 years of experience in this business.
To YOUR Beat Making Success,
Steven Wagenheim
Want to get the absolute best beat making software around at a price that can't be beat anywhere? (No pun intended) Check out my review of Sonic Producer at http://sonicproducer.blogspot.com/ and keep YOUR beats out of the recycle bin while making killer tracks TODAY!


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét